The Mechanical Engineering is an ever green branch and labeled proudly as Royal Mechanical. The Department of Mechanical Engineering is one of the largest departments in terms of students, faculty and activities at NCET, Bangalore. The department offers B.E programme in Mechanical Engineering, M.Tech in Machine Design and Ph.D. programmes with a wide choice of electives and research areas.
The department has highly qualified and experienced faculty in all streams of Mechanical Engineering and has professors who possess their M.Tech and Ph.Ds from IITs and NITs . The department uses ICT tools for teaching and learning processes and organizes industrial visits. Today, the world of Mechanical Engineering changes under the influence of advanced computational tools, improved simulation and analysis, and entirely different manufacturing protocols. Hence, the department organizes seminars, symposiums, workshops and skill development trainings in the emerging areas of Mechanical Engineering and expose the students to the need of industries. The department also organizes conferences at regular intervals and provide a platform to exchange the ideas between the staff and students with industry experts of various organizations. The department has students’ chapters of ASHRAE and ISHRAE and organizes technical talks and industrial visits.
Features of Autonomous System
- Integrated Courses for Numerical Subjects for effective teaching learning process
- Primary focus of our curriculum is to impart technical know-how to students, promote their problem solving skills and innovation of new technologies.
- Department offers large number of elective courses for providing wide spectrum of options to the students to pursue their area of interest.
- The course contents are periodically updated for introducing new scientific and technological developments.
- Undergraduate students are encouraged to undertake various research projects.
- Job oriented certificate or diploma courses are offered to increase the employability
- Department organizes seminar / workshop / technical talk by industry experts and scientist and to fill the skill gap between the industry and institute
- Virtual Laboratory in association with NITK Surathkal
Courses offered by the Department
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering
- M.Tech in Machine Design