This industrial visit was organized for final year mechanical students of NCET. Mr. Raghu B, Professor introduces and discussed with students regarding CMTI located in Bengaluru.
Then students were visited to the institute consisting of MMM lab facility built below 6feet below the ground which is covered with insulated walls and also the professor shown the demonstration of working principle of 3D printing machine and also micromachining and micro fabrication machines such as Electro discharge machine, turn mill centre, cylindrical grinding machines, precision CNC lathes, etc.
This Industrial Visit was coordinated by Mr. Dileep Kumar, Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department under the guidance of Dr. N Kapilan, (HOD, Department of Mechanical Engineering).
Objective of the Industrial visit:
- An opportunity to get exposure to the real workstations, 3D printing equipments and highly précised machines like EDM, cylindrical grinding, CNC lathes, etc.
- Opportunity to get the senior functional experts / supervisors to explain about the functions of institution.
- Company tour to understand the end-to-end process at all levels.
- Expert briefing about the functioning of machines and systems.
- Make Students Aware with Industry Practices.
Outcomes of the Visit:
- Experience the importance of working safety.
- Understood the concept of MMM lab facilities why it is covered with insulated walls.
- Gain the knowledge about highly précised machines like EDM, Cylindrical grinding machines and CNC lathes, etc.